Position: Program Assistant / Overnight
Shift: 32 hours per week
Program Assistant - Overnight
Sojourner Center is Arizona’s largest domestic violence service provider and a recognized leader in the fields. We provide a comprehensive continuum of care that addresses the physical, mental, emotional, and social needs of domestic violence victims.
In support of the Sojourner Center mission, provides support and resources for women and families fleeing domestic violence with a focus on safety and empowerment. Shares responsibility for the Support desk and Crisis Line on the overnight hours.
1. Recognizes and effectively responds to impacts of domestic violence and trauma.
2. Forms relationships w/ staff and participants providing support within professional boundaries.
3. Provides ongoing modeling, support and resources, taking crisis calls and coordinating services.
4. Provides family support within the scope of the cultures of the families served.
5. Assesses needs of participants; building rapport and a positive sense of community.
6. Monitors participants' self-administration of medications.
7. Identifies/adapts to crisis events, taking appropriate actions.
8. Participates in the care and maintenance of the campus and equipment; prepares/cleans/packs rooms and supports with bed checks.
9. Documents services in accordance with established guidelines.
10. Supports team with filing, limited data entry, and opening and closing of participant files.
• Problem solving/critical thinking
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer service
• Oral communication
• Written communication
• Computer skills
• Performance quality
• Safety and security
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and one (1) years experience in social services. Prefer experience in family violence programs.
• Ability to obtain a Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR and First Aid certification and a Food Handlers card.
• Bi-lingual Spanish-English preferred.
• Stands, walks, and sits continuously throughout the day.
• Reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries and manipulates various materials.
• Utilizes computer to access Empowernet/Internet and enter information into prepared forms.
• Some travel between work locations may be required.
• Has the potential to be exposed to infectious diseases and must use Universal Precautions.
• Required to spend time outside daily regardless of weather conditions.
• Has a risk of physical danger due to the nature of the population served.
· Sunday 10:00pm – 7:00am
· Monday 11:00pm – 8:00am
· Tuesday Not Scheduled
· Wednesday Not Scheduled
· Thursday Not Scheduled
· Friday 11:00pm – 8:00am
· Saturday 11:00pm – 8:00am
· Rate of pay: $12.10 per hour
Benefits Include: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability; Flexible benefits; 403b Retirement Plan; Voluntary Pet Insurance; Paid Holidays; Life Insurance; Sick Time; Vacation
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from the new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Candidates can send a "Letter of Interest" and a resume to:
Jill Stevens / HR Specialist
To submit your information click:
To see our other open positions, please visit our website at:
No phone calls please.